5 Reasons I Love Being a Military Spouse!
Here are 5 reasons I love being a military spouse!
- Military Friends. Good community is hard to come by. The military provides an incredible support system, and we identity with what others are going through. We know, because we’ve been there! No need to explain it, it’s an unspoken understanding among the spouses. This characteristic of the military is priceless and I would not trade it for anything.
- Stability. I don’t wake up and worry that my husband will lose his job today. I don't have to wonder if we’ll have food on the table tomorrow night. Job stability means financial security, which leads to peace of mind and less stress. Despite the rough hours, I am thankful that my husband has a job that provides for us.
- Happy Husband. I cannot speak for everyone’s spouse, but my husband is happiest serving our country through the Marine Corps. He would serve in a desk job if needed, but he would be less thrilled to do so. Serving in the military is fulfilling for him and I admire his focus and determination.
- Moving. Don’t misunderstand me; I dislike moving as much as you do, but I really look forward to living somewhere new. Moving every few years takes a lot of work and energy, but the experiences we have because of the move are worth it to our family! Moving exposing me to new cultures, whether stateside or overseas, and broadens my perspective.
- Stronger marriage. Marriage is work. Marriage in the military is a lot of work! There’s no doubt about it--the military adds stress in your life, but I’ve found that because of the constant moves and uncertain routine I depend on my husband increasingly more. We’ve learned to function as two individuals who conquer all. I depend on him to provide for the family, and he depends on me for support.
Not everyone enjoys the military life, but overall my husband and I love it and we wouldn’t trade it for anything! These are just a few things to love; comment below and share why you love being a military spouse.