Tinder for Rentals: How Do I Know It's Love?
It’s been a long day.
You’re a little tired, a little cranky, and seriously re-evaluating what you're looking for. At that moment, you turn a corner and the stars align. You’ve stumbled upon the perfect match! As you pass by the idyllic picket fences, your eyes search intently for a “For Rent” sign.
And you wonder: how will you find a rental in a neighborhood that is simply love at first sight?
No need to worry! MilitaryByOwner is there for you. We've been building successful relationships with buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants for 16 years. Scrolling through property listings has never been easier! A quick click on MilitaryByOwner.com offers a choice to search by state, military base, or ad number. Find something you like? Click on the listing for more details.
Sort of like the popular dating app Tinder, when hunting for a rental property online you may be drawn to a listing by a flattering photo. Intrigued by the description, you may want to find out more.
But before you "swipe left or right" when finding a home for rent, you may want to ask some questions, such as:
- Oh sure, you may enjoy long walks on the beach, but how far is it to walk to the nearest coffee house or cafe? Finding out the walkability of a property and neighborhood may be especially important in a busy city.
- Are your spending habits compatible? As you learn about a rental property, it may be helpful to know how much you’ll need to budget for utilities. Are there energy efficient details within the house? Premium windows or quality insulation may make a big difference when things heat up or cool down.
- Has everything been checked out by a professional? Does the place have a clean bill of health? From plumbing to appliances, a tenant may feel more at ease if everything included with the property is in good working order. Additionally, if a tenant has concerns about allergies, a home with clean air ducts and a hypoallergenic HVAC system may be a priority.
- Coming into this, there may be baggage. That enormous luggage set you bought at CostCo will need to fit in a storage area. Does the property have ample storage available? Bonus points if an abode includes a garage, or attic, or an exterior unit.
- Is this the best number to reach you? Ask the property manager for their direct line. Or find out their preferred method of communication. Accurate contact information may help keep the lines of communication open.
- Let’s be honest, size matters. Soon, a moving truck will arrive unloading a sea of brown cardboard boxes. Will it all fit? Are there deep closets, generous cabinets, and a spacious pantry? The amount of built-in storage may be a priority when looking for the best rental to fit your needs.
- Above all, you are looking for a quality connection. Is the house properly wired for high speed internet? Are you getting good cellular phone service? These details may make or break your attraction to a rental home.
When a looking for a home to rent, make the most of the time you spend browsing online. The handy search engine and other resources from MilitaryByOwner may be just what you need to help find your perfect match.
For more help finding your perfect rental, check out:
- Renters, Avoid These Scenarios!
- 3 Tips for Renting a Home Sight Unseen
- 10 Reasons Not to Sign that Rental Agreement
- Ask These Questions Before You Rent